Chocolate Mousse Donuts
1/3 cup yoghurt
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
oil for frying
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
Tatua Chocolate Mousse
- Whisk together yoghurt, butter, vanilla, sugar and egg and mix well.
- Add the flour and combined baking soda and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
- Rest the mixture for 10 minutes.
- With wet hands roll walnut sized balls of dough and arrange on a damp plate.
- Heat the oil to about 180°C.
- Add 3-4 dough balls to the oil at a time and cook for 4-5 minutes until deep golden and puffed up.
- Drain and toss in the cinnamon sugar then cool.
- Make a small hole in the centre with the end of a wooden spoon then pipe with Tatua Chocolate Mousse.