- In a food processor, process the flour and sugar to blend the two. Add the cold butter, and pulse until the mixture reaches a sandy consistency.
- Add the Tatua Sour Cream and pulse until a rough ball just forms. Tip out onto a lightly floured surface, and bring together with your hands. Flatten slightly, wrap or cover tightly, and place in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 30 minutes before using.
To make video recipe
2 apples, peeled and diced
½ cup apple puree
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup brown sugar + extra for sprinkling
1 egg, beaten
Caramel sauce, to serve
- Roll the pastry out to ½ cm thickness, then cut 10cm rounds.
- In a bowl, toss together the apple, apple puree, cornflour, cinnamon and ¼ cup brown sugar.
- Place spoonfuls of apple mixture on one half of your pastry round, leaving a 1cm border from the edge of the pastry. Brush the edges with beaten egg, then fold the alternate side over and seal the edges. Prick the edges with a fork, then place onto a lined tray. Brush with egg, sprinkle with brown sugar and bake in a 190 degrees celsius oven until the pastry is golden brown and crisp.
- Drizzle the turnovers with caramel sauce and serve.