Chocolate Layer Cream Cake
2 cups plain flour
1 ¾ cups sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup plain oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup Tatua Culinary and Whipping cream
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 cup boiling water
500mls Tatua Culinary and Whipping cream
Fresh blueberries, chocolate curls, and mint to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line base of two 21cm matching cake pans.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda and mix together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla and whipping cream then add to the dry ingredients, mixing at low speed until combined.
- Mix the coffee powder and boiling water and then slowly pour into the cake mixture, beat for a further minute until thoroughly combined.
- Divide cake batter between the lined tins and bake for 25-30 minutes until a skewer is removed cleanly.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely before filling.
- Beat the whipping cream until medium peaks, then transfer third to another bowl and whip a little more until firm peaks hold, transfer to a piping bag and keep chilled.
- Whisk the remaining two thirds until medium firm and able to dollop and hold its shape.
- Place one of the cold cakes on a serving plate and dollop all over with the cream then top with the remaining cake and decorate with piped cream rosettes, blueberries, chocolate curls, and fresh mint.