Sponge Finger Cake With Lemon Mousse Chiffon
12-15 sponge finger biscuits
¼ cup Tatua Mascarpone or melted white chocolate
3 tsp gelatine
¼ cup water
¾ cup caster sugar
¾ cup lemon/lime juice
4 egg yolks
2 tsp custard powder
1 ½ cups Tatua Culinary & Whipping Cream
¼ cup icing sugar
1 Tbsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp honey
- Spread the side of each sponge finger with a little Tatua Mascarpone.
- Stack the sponge fingers together around the sides of a 21 cm spring-form tin.
- Chill for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the gelatine over the water and set aside to swell.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, lemon juice, and egg yolks and stir over a gentle heat until smooth and thickened slightly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatine – allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the Tatua Culinary & Whipping Cream until soft peaks.
- Fold the Tatua Culinary & Whipping Cream into the lemon mousse and spoon into the sponge finger lined tin.
- Chill for 30 minutes until set.
- Mix lemon zest and honey and spoon over mousse.