Creamy Kumara & Ginger Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 large piece ginger, peeled and finely diced
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground coriander
4 medium kumara, peeled and diced
2 cups water
½ tsp celery salt
1L Tatua Cooking Cream
Cream swirl / chopped chives / sprinkle of dukkha
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the seeds and ground coriander.
- Add the peeled kumara and toss together.
- Add the water and salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the Cooking Cream and cook a further 15 minutes or until the kumara is soft. Remove from heat and blend with a stick blender or masher until desired consistency.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with a swirl of Cooking Cream, chopped chives and sprinkle with dukkha.