Prawn And Asparagus Risotto
1Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 cup risotto rice
3 cups seafood or chicken stock
150g asparagus, cut into batons, blanched
100g snow peas
200g raw prawns
200g Tatua Mascarpone
1 tsp freshly chopped dill
1 tsp lemon zest
Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan, add red onion and garlic and sauté gently for 1 minute then add risotto rice and toss for 2 minutes to coat the grains in oil.
- Gradually add ½ a cup of stock at a time, stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding more.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until the risotto rice is just al dente.
- Stir in prawns, asparagus and snow peas and cook and 2-3 minutes until prawns are pink and plump then lastly stir through mascarpone, dill, lemon zest and season well.
- Garnish with whole cooked prawns and lemon wedge if desired. Serves 4.