1000 Layer Style Cream & Spice Cake
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp star anise
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup caster sugar
150g soft butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups Tatua Culinary & Whipping Cream
½ cup honey mixed with ¼ cup hot wate
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, star anise, cinnamon, sugar, butter, vanilla, milk, and eggs.
- Beat slowly until combined.
- Increase speed and beat for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Pour into two lined cake pans and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C until golden and spongy to touch. Allow to cool.
- Cut each cake in half lengthwise and then cut horizontally into three slices each.
- Whip the Tatua Culinary & Cream until firm peaks.
- Line a loaf tin with cling film, overlapping the edges.
- Combine the honey with the water.
- Layer the cake slices, brushing with honey then adding a layer of Cream between each.
- Fold over the clingfilm edges and chill for 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a serving platter and pipe with remaining Cream.