Boysenberry And Mascarpone Mousse
2 tsp gelatine powder
2 Tbsp boiling water
2 ½ cups frozen boysenberries, thawed
1 cup cream
2 egg whites
6 Tbsp caster sugar
200g Tatua Mascarpone
- Stir the gelatine into the boiling water until the crystals have dissolved.
- Puree the boysenberries in a food processor. Pass through a medium to fine mesh sieve to remove seeds. Stir in the gelatine and set aside.
- Whip the cream until it just starts to peak and set aside. Separately whip the egg whites adding 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk together the Tatua Mascarpone and pureed berries. Fold in the whipped cream and then fold in the egg whites until combined.
- Spoon into 6 serving glasses and chill for 2 hours. Serve topped with extra Tatua Mascarpone and berries. Serves 6.