Chicken Thigh With Bacon Wrap & Mushroom Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, finely diced
250g button mushrooms, halved
100g wild mixed mushrooms
1L Tatua Cooking Cream
2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
Cracked black pepper & sea salt
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
8 slices thin streaky bacon
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or saucepan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes over a gentle heat until soft.
- Add the button mushrooms and cook two minutes then add the wild mushrooms.
- Pour in the Cooking Cream and add the rosemary sprigs, and seasoning, simmer two minutes.
- Wrap each chicken thigh in bacon.
- Pour half the sauce into the base of an oven-proof serving dish.
- Arrange the wrapped chicken in a single layer.
- Spoon remaining sauce around the chicken and bake at 180°C for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Serve with extra rosemary.