Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies
½ cup unsalted butter
3 ozs best quality semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup white sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
½ cup Tatua Mascarpone, softened
3 eggs, at room temperature
3 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
6 ozs best-quality semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
6 Tbsp Tatua Culinary & Whipping Cream
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C); have ready a buttered 8-inch square glass cake pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and bring to a simmer. Place the chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl – pour the hot butter over the chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Sift in the sugar and cocoa powder.
- With a wooden spoon, beat in the Tatua Mascarpone, eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Gently fold the flour and salt into the batter. Allow batter to stand for ½ hour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Place pan on a cooling rack and let brownies cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To make Ganache - place chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the Tatua Culinary & Whipping Cream and the butter to just below the boiling point, over medium heat.
- Pour this hot cream-butter mixture over the chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds, then stir until smooth. Spread over the brownies while still warm.
- Cool before serving – makes 16 serves.