One-dish Crème Fraiche & Mustard Chicken
200g Tatua Crème Fraiche
2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
¾ cup chicken stock
8 chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
500g agria potatoes, cut into large wedges
8-10 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 lemon, thinly sliced
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
150g green beans
Italian parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Combine the Tatua Crème Fraiche, mustard and chicken stock in a bowl.
- Place the chicken pieces, potato wedges and garlic cloves in a single layer in a large roasting pan.
- Spoon the mustard mixture over the chicken and potatoes and sprinkle over the thyme. Scatter the lemon slices over the top. Season to taste. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Tuck the beans around the chicken and potatoes and ensure they are coated with liquid. Return the pan to the oven and bake for a further 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
- Remove the chicken, beans and potatoes from the pan and keep them warm.
- Mash the softened garlic in the pan and whisk the creamy juices and mashed garlic together to create a delicious sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, beans and potatoes and garnish with the parsley to serve. Serves 4.