Toffee Strawberries & Dark Cane Sugar Crème Fraiche
500g caster sugar
1 tsp red food colouring
2 punnets strawberries
200g Tatua Crème Fraiche
2 Tbsp dark cane sugar
- Oil large metal tray and set aside. Stir sugar and water together in a medium sized pot until combined. Place on low heat.
- Simmer sugar until it caramelises into golden brown toffee. Remove from heat and gently stir in the food colouring. Have a bowl of iced water handy in case of burns from the hot sugar.
- Tilt the pot so the sugar sits in a deep pool at the base and dip the strawberry into the toffee.
- Let the excess toffee drip off, and then place toffee strawberries onto the oiled tray.
- Leave to set for 5 minutes. If not serving within 2 hours, reheat sugar and double dip berries.
Crème Fraiche Dipping Sauce
Stir Tatua Crème Fraiche and dark cane sugar together until smooth and serve as a dipping sauce with the toffee strawberries.