Smoked Chicken, Spinach And Roasted Pepper Tarts
2-3 sheets ready rolled savoury short pastry
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 tsp crushed garlic
130g baby spinach leaves
1 cup diced smoked chicken
½ cup chopped roasted red pepper
200g Tatua Crème Fraiche
2 Tbsp water
Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 190ºC. Line 6 individual fluted tart tins with the pastry and trim edges to fit neatly. Chill until required.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes over a gentle heat until softened and fragrant.
- Add spinach leaves and cover for 1-2 minutes until wilted and bright green. Add smoked chicken and roasted peppers and toss gently to combine.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes, drain off excess liquid.
- Whisk crème fraiche with eggs and water and season well.
- Divide chicken mixture between pastry lined tins and carefully pour over egg mixture, letting it settle between the filling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until pastry is golden then reduce heat to 175ºC and cook a further 5-10 until the filling is puffed and golden.
- Serve with summer salad leaves and garnish with fresh picked chives and a dollop of crème fraiche. Makes 6.