Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
2 cups self-raising flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ginger
1 cup mashed pumpkin
¼ cup oil
350g Tatua Cream Cheese, at room temperature
50g soft butter
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
2 cups icing sugar
½ cup roughly chopped toasted pecans
¼ cup maple syrup
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar and spices.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the mashed pumpkin, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix together.
- Divide mixture between cupcake papers and bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- Beat the Tatua Cream Cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add the icing sugar beating until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe large swirls or peaks on top of cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle with maple syrup.